Thursday, September 2, 2010

Only 3 Hours to the Beach

These are the things that I loved about today:
1. Nutella for breakfast
2. Seeing the elevator through the window in my shower
3. Wearing my swimsuit under my clothes all day in preparation for the beach (actually this just made me sweaty because it was a one-piece, but I thought it was worth mentioning)
4. Believing that it would only take us a few minutes to get to the beach
5. Getting side-tracked in the barrio gotic (Gothic Quarter) on the way to the beach, by a beautiful cathedral, spanish classical guitar players and tons of tiny side-streets
6. Following some people in swimsuits in hopes of finding the beach (turns out they were headed for a smoke shop...sick)
7. Finally finding the beach after 3 and a half hours and enjoying sangria and a flatbread with cheese for lunch
8. Getting in trouble for laying on chairs that you ad to pay for (there was no sign and the man came up and yelled at us after wed been laying in them for a good 15-20 minutes)
9. Watching a naked baby play on the beach
10. Realizing that if we had taken the metro, it would have only taken us about 10-15 minutes to get to the beach
11. Choosing generic looking lotion in Corte Ingles, only to find out that it cost 35 euros (needless to say I still don't have any lotion)
12. Coming home exhausted to learn that we had a walking tour with our RA right then (turns out that my Senora had told us last night, but we had thought she was having a party...looks like we need a little more Spanish practice)

Almost everything that happened today turned out to be a hysterically hilarious misunderstanding. Barcelona is great!

Barcelona, te amo!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you're doing this blog. It's like I'm there with you. But I wish I was for real.

    ReplyDelete